On Saturday, Feb. 9, two students at Missouri State University-West Plains will be crowned the 2019 Homecoming King and Queen.
The crowning will take place during halftime ceremonies of the annual homecoming basketball game between the Grizzlies and the Three Rivers College Raiders from Poplar Bluff.
The game will get underway at 7 p.m. in the West Plains Civic Center arena.
King candidates include:
- Rylee Foreman, Plato, sponsored by the Grizzly Cheer Team;
- Sean Loughridge, Licking, sponsored by the Agriculture Club;
- Ezekiel Webb, Ellsinore, sponsored by the Student Government Association (SGA);
- Noah Mullican, Licking, sponsored by Student Ambassadors;
- Jon Petroski, West Plains, sponsored by Christian Campus House.
Queen candidates are:
- Lyndsey Parker, Salem, sponsored by Student Ambassadors;
- Whitney Haynie, Forsythe, sponsored by SGA;
- Neely Gobel, West Plains, sponsored by the Grizzly Cheer Team;
- Jensyn Heidy, West Plains, sponsored by Baptist Campus Ministry;
- Megan Bever, Licking, sponsored by the Agriculture Club.
Area residents can visit with all of the homecoming candidates during a special “meet and greet” reception at 6 p.m. in the civic center’s exhibit hall.
Also in attendance will be the 2018 Homecoming King and Queen, Makayla Koon and Colt Tompkins, both of West Plains.
Organizers said the 2019 king and queen will be crowned by Tompkins and Koon, respectively, and the queen will receive flowers from Chancellor Shirley Lawler.
Following the crowning, the 2019 king, queen and court will go to the civic center’s Dogwood Room for photos and refreshments.
For more information about homecoming activities, call the Missouri State-West Plains student life and development office at 417-255-7233.