Morgan Blanck, Willow Springs, and Jefferson Thomas, Houston, were crowned the 2021 Grizzly Homecoming Queen and King, respectively, Saturday at Missouri State University-West Plains’ annual homecoming basketball game at the West Plains Civic Center.
The crowning took place during halftime activities in Joe Paul Evans Arena. They were crowned by the 2020 Grizzly Homecoming King Ezekiel Webb, Ellsinore, and Queen Alyssa Matherly, Cabool.
Blanck was sponsored by the Student Government Association, and Thomas was sponsored by the Sign Language Club.
The game pitted the Grizzlies against the second-ranked team in the nation, the Mineral Area College Cardinals. The Grizzlies fell 90-79.
Members of the 2021 Grizzly Homecoming Court gathered for a group photo following the crowning of the king and queen at halftime.
King candidates included:
- Matthew Luerssen, Cabool, sponsored by Phi Theta Kappa;
- Curtis Amburn, Licking, sponsored by the Student Government Association (SGA);
- Brandon Watson, West Plains, sponsored by Christian Campus House (CCH);
- Jordan Gower, Thayer, sponsored by the College Republicans
Queen candidates were:
- Savannah James, Nixa, sponsored by Student Ambassadors;
- Alexis Hayes, Marshfield, sponsored by the Grizzly Cheer Team;
- Carissa Harmon, Steelville, sponsored by the Sign Language Club;
- Michaela Marshall, West Plains, sponsored by Phi Theta Kappa.